Crystal Wings

Things change, time flies. And so do I.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

About me. Well, I COULD lie and make things interesting, or I COULD tell you the truth and let you decide, but i'd rather you just form your own opinions.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Snake eyes

Thanks to a rather hearty breakfast of nutella on bread, today felt like i've been fasting for weeks. That is to say, it went by very easily. Maybe it's also compounded by the fact that I had no work for the day. Either way, i'm not complaining.

That being said, I do have other reasons to whine and/or otherwise bitch about. My chief source of aggravation today has been plaguing me for several weeks now - bad die rolls. More to the point, bad die rolls in the highly competitive games of Dreamblade i've been playing.

Dreamblade is a collectible strategy game of sorts from the same people who came up with Magic: The Gathering. In it, one is tasked with capturing scoring cells on a board comprising of grids. To do that, you'd first have to spawn creatures, then move them across the board against your opponent. While the strategic elements of the game are based solely on the skill of the player, spawning and battles make exclusive use of dice, and therein lies the problem. You see, the reason i'm having trouble playing the game is the fact that my die rolls are well below average. I often find myself 1 point short of doing anything useful, or rolling 'misses' altogether. It's like having an army of scary, but inept minions who trip over each other in battle.

Now, bad die rolls alone I can handle but as I mentioned before, Dreamblade is a competitive game. Every Wednesday and Thursday I participate in 'Edge' tournaments for extra figures and points. The figures boost my selection choice and the points increase my overall ranking as well as serve as currency to redeem useful items during higher level tournaments.

In this aspect, Tina seems to be my antithesis. Her rolls are uniformly good across the board, her army build solid and her strategy well played. Needless to say, she has a string of Edge wins under her belt and despite being the only girl player she remains a force to be reckoned with. I could say that at least one of us wins consistently, but I can't deny that I want it to be me.

I've played 4 practice matches with her today.
I've won none.
What I do get, however is some very good feedback.
In all honesty, i'd prefer to win right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger marknelson48716098 said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home