Crystal Wings

Things change, time flies. And so do I.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

About me. Well, I COULD lie and make things interesting, or I COULD tell you the truth and let you decide, but i'd rather you just form your own opinions.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The passing of a great man

Well my exams are over, and along with it go the cares I had when I was under obligation to study. As you might have guessed, it wasn't much. I surprisingly did not have to sit for this exam alone, as a fellow student from my class also had to take the alternative exam. It was a relatively easy paper, and I got it over and done with well within the time limit, packed up and went to work early so I could get out and watch Superman Returns.

About an hour into work my sister informs me that my grandfather passed away in his sleep last night, around 3am. He was a great man and will be sorely missed. I'm still a little numb from the news. I'm waiting for the pin to drop, waiting for the rumble of thunder after a brilliant flash of lightning. And while I sit here writing this all I can think of is the fact that words alone will never do this man any justice. People say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. He taught me a lot of lessons I haven't forgotten.

Maybe it's time I start walking in the shadow of his footsteps.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won't let you see the stars...

your grandfather would have wanted you to see the stars... i believe you will follow in his footsteps in more ways than you'l realise

Setting an example is not the main mean of influencing another, it is the only mean.
Albert Einstein

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home