Crystal Wings

Things change, time flies. And so do I.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

About me. Well, I COULD lie and make things interesting, or I COULD tell you the truth and let you decide, but i'd rather you just form your own opinions.

Friday, February 24, 2006

11th Hour

In approximate 9 hours I will be catching my flight back to Sydney. My stay in Malaysia includes, but is not limited to:

- Several visits to my ailing Grandfather
- Severe pummelings by my younger (and now larger) siblings
- A musical
- A break up (not mine, mind you)
- Severe pummelings by my friends (good to know everyone's killer instincts remain)
- Sleeping in
- Eating out (frequently)
- A night out with my mother
- A dinner with my father
- A lie about a watch
- A traffic offense
- Procrastination (also severe)
- Feeling like a tourist in my own country
- Rain, and lots of it
- Good times
- All of the above (and more)


Funny. Now that I think about it, how easy it is to close the laptop, pack it up and drive away. Within a handful of hours i'll be on my way and that will be the end of my visit. How easily I could have put my life in Sydney into small boxes and leave the place behind. I find my attachment to any one place, or lack thereof ironic. I guess the world is bigger than Malaysia, Sydney, and more importantly me.

If home is where the Heart is, then my home is in the times of my life. Not the places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home