Crystal Wings

Things change, time flies. And so do I.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

About me. Well, I COULD lie and make things interesting, or I COULD tell you the truth and let you decide, but i'd rather you just form your own opinions.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Fast Begins

As expected, I was having a mild headache by late afternoon. The first few days are always the toughest. Your body exagerates the need to eat or drink and throws a tantrum, much like a child would if denied ice cream on Teusdays (But we always have ice cream on Teusdays!). Too bad. By tomorrow it won't seem so bad, trust me.

After my Law class I set out from Uni to get what carried me through the month last year - a dozen Original Glazed Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. It wasn't a short walk either, and I meandered into various bookshops and hobby stores along the way taking a look around, trying to convince my brain to stop growing, or conversely, my skull to stop shrinking for just another hour, after which I can eat. It didn't hurt much, but it was certainly annoying. Fortunately, I managed to make it to Krispy Kreme without incident and walked away 5 minutes later with a box of doughnuts and a bottle of ice peach tea.

The next destination was Circular Quay, where I could catch my bus and get home. I passed time at the stop reading Neverwhere. The Marquis de Carabas no longer speaks and Richard Mayhew is still doggedly trying to get his old life back, despite the fact that his old life decided it had enough and promptly committed suicide in front of a captive audience (Me). I should be done with the book tomorrow, if not by this weekend for sure. Things are getting interesting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meet the Flockers
I've been meaning to write about this for ages so it's now about two weeks old but I just thought it was a great example of how repackaging and knowing a journalist or two can create a new story - and I'm going ...
Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like music!

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawker Media/ VNU launch European language versions of Gizmodo
Gawker Media and VNU have announced that the two companies have agreed to publish Gizmodo.com across Europe with, in their words " an eye towards becoming the ultimate European destination for everything ...
Wow! Looking at your blog I am really going to bookmark you!
I am the owner of ##cash in quick## making it possible for average people to earn a living online!
Check it out whenever you want ;-)

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saudi blocks blogger.com
Posted: 5 October 2005 By: Jemima Kiss Email: jemima@journalism.co.uk Authorities in Saudi Arabia blocked access to blogger.com this week, according to press freedom group Reporters Sans Frontieres .
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a your home business site/blog. It pretty much covers your home business related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home