Crystal Wings

Things change, time flies. And so do I.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

About me. Well, I COULD lie and make things interesting, or I COULD tell you the truth and let you decide, but i'd rather you just form your own opinions.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Devoured

By now i've finished not only The Last Continent, but also Dream Hunters, The Last Temptation AND Anansi Boys. The books kept me company through the bad patches in my sick days and now I feel like I need more. That's the magic of Neil Gaiman. Whereas any other author would narrate to you a situation, he would put you IN the situation. His style allows you to follow the sequence of unlikely events as easily (and as quickly) as it would take for you to turn the page and keep on reading. Anansi Boys tells the story of a reunion. That is pretty much what the book is all about, until you read it of course. And when you're done you know there's much more to is, but that's what the book is about. And I enjoyed it throughly. It has been a long while since I had a good read.

Now I sit here wondering what else I can pick up to devour, though I know the smart thing to do would be to go to bed and rest. I've got a full day at Mabuzi tomorrow, from 9.30am to 7.30pm. I'll pretty much be opening and closing the stall. Not a bad way to spend my first official day at work I think. I won't be working for the rest of the week, so 1 full day will give me a reasonable amount of money, or so i'd like to think. While i'm at Broadway tomorrow I might pick up another book or two, but right now, I could definitely use some rest. My fever is gone and my sore throat is just a memory now, but I still have a dry running cough that seems to rear its ugly head mainly after the sun sets. Brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home