Crystal Wings

Things change, time flies. And so do I.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

About me. Well, I COULD lie and make things interesting, or I COULD tell you the truth and let you decide, but i'd rather you just form your own opinions.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Greed before need

It's been a cold day. It rained pretty much during the entire duration of daylight we had in Sydney. The winds picked up, and along with the last of winter's chill made certain that anyone not wearing several layers of clothing would be chilled to the bone. It so happened that today was also the day for Malaysia Fest 2005, held in the wide open space of Tumbalong Park, Darling Harbour. Needless to say, the festival organizers weren't hoping for good weather. I liked it though. Nothing like an overcast day to put my own situation in perspective. The festival was alright. Given the situation, they did the best they could. Unfortunately, an offkey rendition of Edwin McCain's 'I'll Be' did it in for me. I saw some familiar faces, but I was looking for one in particular. Gayatri wasn't there. A part of me wanted desperately to see her. The rest of me...I don't know.

On the way back I picked up some groceries and cleaned up around the house, then got into WoW. I didn't get much done ingame, but at least I managed to quest a little with Ken. A talk with a fellow guild officer revealed the circumstances of a few important events in the guild. I am disappointed to learn that greed had motivated many people to leave. I suppose I can't blame them. Better gear does have some allure. Still I can't help but think that real life friendships can be strained by actions taken in a game. I should know, it's happened to me a few times. People say that the grass is greener on the other side. I call it false advertising.

I call it greed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home