Crystal Wings

Things change, time flies. And so do I.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

About me. Well, I COULD lie and make things interesting, or I COULD tell you the truth and let you decide, but i'd rather you just form your own opinions.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Sting like a bee.

For the most part, today has been a particularly lazy and uneventful day. I spent most of my time alternating between reading Evil Genius, and Dianetics. One taking me away from my life, the other forcing me back into it. I can't say which I need more at the moment, so I guess both can't hurt me. Assuming I know when I need either, that is. It wasn't until the evening until things got interesting.

To begin with, I had misread the gym timetable and missed the actual kickboxing session. On my way out, I missed a step on the staircase and had a bit of a tumble which nearly sprained my ankle. Luckily though, I remained unhurt and what I had missed was the advanced class.There was a basic class an hour later. On my way there, I also managed to call a korean student who was in need of an english tutor, and we intend to meet and plan the classes this Saturday. Upon arrival, I signed a liability form, paid for me trial classes and got changed for the class. I was given free locker hire, and a pair of gloves for the duration of the class. Once I was ready, I went upstairs to bring on the pain. As it turns out, the class was pretty good. For 45 minutes or so, we were taught stances and footwork, various punches (hooks, jabs, crosses and uppercuts) and both forward and roundhouse kicks. For the final 15 minutes, we practiced our punches and kicks on the punching bags. As a result from the class (and my earlier fall), I returned home with sore knuckles, aching wrists, a semi-busted ankle and a bruised baby toe. I can't wait to wake up and feel the rest of my body ache. Joy!

Though I was unable to find a place that taught Kendo nearby, there was a dojo that taught Japanese Swordsmanship just above the boxing gym. Talk about serendipity! I don't yet know the difference between Iaijutsu and Kendo, but I intend to find out. There's a class this Saturday and I hope to be able to make it. It should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home