Crystal Wings

Things change, time flies. And so do I.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

About me. Well, I COULD lie and make things interesting, or I COULD tell you the truth and let you decide, but i'd rather you just form your own opinions.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

I started classes today. To be precise, I started my day with classes today. After a long, fitful night of sleep I finally awoke to realize that it was 12.30pm, and my first class of this semester was at 1. What a way to start my day. I showered, got ready and managed to arrive in class only 5 minutes late, a small victory in what would be a long battle. Wednesdays are particularly difficult days because both my classes are repeated ones. So I swallow my pride, grab my course documents and take a seat. It looks like my Law and the Digital Economy classes will be run in pretty much the same manner as it was a year ago, right down to the tutor. Jim Cooper is his name, and as far as i'm concerned, he's a walking talking law machine. He's a hardass, but the only reason I didn't get through last time was because I was plain lazy. I don't have the luxury of slacking this time around. The same goes for my Database Principles subject.

After returning home from the 7 hour repeat stint, I jumped on the Gamecube for a grand total of 12 minutes before it lost its appeal. The simple things that I used to take comfort and joy from no longer interest or excite me. So what now? I guess i'll have to find something else that will help me shake off this malaise. Tomorrow I start kickboxing classes. It might help. Kendo was my first choice, but in the end I couldn't find any places that teach it in the city. Besides, i'm fairly certain that kickboxing would be a better work out. I've managed to get myself a trial week at a gym in the city, and seeing as to how the kickboxing lessons are held during the days I don't have class, I will probably take it up seriously. At the very least it would give me a way to vent my frustrations. I didn't think violence and aggression would solve anything. In the next few weeks I might find myself eating my word.

In my case, I just hope it makes a difference.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wynterfire said...

No lazybones! :P

As for the kickboxing.. Umm.. violence and aggression solves plenty. I know I always feel much better after I go beat up or kill something.. (on games, of course).. and way back when in the days when my step-father used to teach me to fight by picking on me.. I always got this warm-fuzzy feeling whenever I'd get one on him. See.. they are good for something. ;)

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home