Crystal Wings

Things change, time flies. And so do I.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

About me. Well, I COULD lie and make things interesting, or I COULD tell you the truth and let you decide, but i'd rather you just form your own opinions.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Prelude

I had toyed with the idea of having a blog of my own for quite a while now. It wasn't up until today (obviously), that i've finally gotten around to doing something about it. Procrastination is interesting isn't? I don't know about you, but i'm in love with it. It whispers sweet promises of how things could be tomorrow, an hour from now, in 5 seconds, but never right now. And you believe it too, because Procrastination never lies, it never lets you down. Like a temptress calling you from just beyond your reach, toying with you. And when you ask it to love you, it simply says tomorrow. I'll love you tomorrow.

I spent the day considering just what i'd write. How it would start. How it SHOULD start. Well I suppose the best way to do that is to introduce myself. After all, that's the idea of writing a blog isn't it? To let strangers in. My name is Muhammad Fahim Abdul Latif. You can call me Fahim for short. I don't need to know who you are. I want you to know who I am. I'm a student, for the time being, though that's hardly who I am. It's simply what I do. And I do it well. I go through the motions like a man who knows there isn't anything else to do. I'm sure most of you, if not indeed ALL of you know what I mean. There. Suddenly i'm not such a mystery. I'm not a complete stranger. You know my full name and you know what I do.

What now? I could proceed to tell you more about myself, but i'm not going to. Why? Because Procrastination is tugging at my heartstrings, whispering empty promises of things that could be. And I believe it.

Tomorrow. I'll tell you tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wynterfire said...

Don't spend too much time procrastinating. That's bad for you. :)

1:53 AM  
Blogger Chime said...

Procrastination - Procrastination is the deferment or putting-off of an action or task, usually by focusing on some other distraction (compare temporisation). It is Latin for "foremorrowsing", or making some such of tomorrow.

From wikipedia.

If you're talking about the blog, it isn't procrastination since it wasn't a task you actually had any distractions for (made up or otherwise).

If you're talking about telling the people of the third party, that won't work either since they're just starting to know about it now.

If it's the people of the second party, then I guess that's relevant. Kinda. Bleh.

I'm sensing loads of subtext in your post, but I won't elaborate. Let's do it anon. Touche!

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, just wondering how long it took you to come up with +++Angel With Shattered Wings++++? SOunds like a LIVEJOURNAL COPY to me.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home